12 April 2021
When completing your next business activity statement (BAS), remember:
- Keep accurate and complete records of all sales, fees, expenses, wages and other business costs.
- Use our Record keeping evaluation tool to help you assess how well you’re keeping your business records.
- Only lodge one BAS for each period. If your form has been replaced, you should use the replacement form and not the original.
- If you lodge electronically, there’s no need to send us the paper form.
- Only complete fields that apply to you. If you have nothing to report, enter zero.
- Make sure that you have entered the figures for your obligations at the correct label.
- Enter whole dollar amounts – leave cents out and don’t round up to the next dollar.
- Lodge online and you may get an extra two weeks to to lodge and pay your BAS.
- Registered tax agents and BAS agents can help you.
Remember, if you’ve made a mistake you can revise or fix the mistake on your next BAS.